Lose Weight, Eat Yogurt, Be Better GF Radio

| July 3, 2012 | 7 Comments

Mike talks about how to lose weight by reasonable dieting, cycling, and a new outlook on his health.

photo by kcconnors

Tags: , ,

Category: GF Radio

1. Matt says:

You rock, Mike! Loved the podcast. Keep it up, my friend.

I make Greek yogurt each week and have it daily. So much better than the stuff that comes in the plastic containers… and I don’t have to find some use for the containers either since my recycling place stopped taking plastics other than #1 and #2.

Plain (sans something sweet) really isn’t my speed, so I usually put a teaspoon of homemade freezer jam or a bunch of mashed up berries in it to flavor it. Sometimes I just sweeten it with a bit of honey and go with that.

Best,
    Matt

2. Rich says:

Great that you’re biking to work! Wish I could bike the forty miles a day…I bike to lots of land in my neighborhood that I want to own someday … that’s my motivation to work out.

I just bought this book called JUST RIDE: a radically practical guide to riding your bike, by Grant Petersen …. which is about forgetting all of the body spandex, five thousand dollar bikes, cleat-like shoes that are latched into the pedals — oh and the attitude those dudes have — and just RIDING your bike, like you did when you were a kid.

It was recommended at marksdailyapple.com and I had to read it, being an avid biker. Especially an adventurous biker who doesn’t care much for the Cliques associated with it.

Have fun!
    -Rich in New Hampshire

3. Monica says:

Way to Go Mike! Easiest way to exercise is just getting up and getting out. Not only do I look great, but my tan can’t be beat!

4. Jim says:

Good simple weight loss ideas. I see just in the past year the number of bike commuters has gone up in our region Cincy. Other simple idea as with the Milano cookies. Grab a couple only as your going outside and leaving the house. removes the temptation to go beyond 2.

5. Jane says:

Congratulations Mike! So nice to see you taking good care of your health & encouraging others to follow suit! I know people with Diabetes & it is definitely a very bad deal. Take charge of your health as much as you can!
    Earlier this year my Dr. said my cholesterol level was very high & I needed meds to control it. I asked him to give me a chance to lower it with a healthy diet & exercise. I run a full time business. I garden when not in drought, lol! I started walking 5 miles, 3 times a week. & I became a Flexitarian which just means mostly vegetarian but occasionally you eat meat.. Cholesterol meds are very hard on your liver so a blood test is required every 6 months – I didn’t want to do that.
    I lost 12 lbs. Holy cow, that’s all it took to avoid taking those meds for the rest of my life!? I know I can maintain this…
    Most people do not know that their Dr. will give them a 3 month grace period to lower their cholesterol naturally by eating a healthy diet & getting a reasonable amount of exercise so I am here to spread the word!!!
    YOU are the only person who can take good care of YOU! Be healthy & feel good!

p.s. I want to thank all of you for the wonderful video & audio! You are making a positive difference in the world!

6. Christina says:

I was inspired by Mike and this podcast to get out of an exercise slump and back onto my bike. I’m up to about 15-20 miles a week and love the advice above about just having fun like a kid. Those cliquey cyclists look great, but they can be a little aggressive and judgmental. At least I’m smiling when I bike.

i look like a goof riding my bike, but i love it anyway. glad to hear mike has gotten us both going again, thanks, eric.