Simple and good, this Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is a perfect fit for Gardenfork and its real easy to make, so I can’t screw it up, right?
We also have a how to video on making squash soup using heirloom squash here.
And if you are growing winter squash here are two videos for dealing with the squash vine borer:
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
• 1 large or 2 medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
• 1 medium onion chopped
• 1-2 tart apples
• 2 cups milk or cream
1. Saute the onion until it starts to get golden and sweet.
2. Add the cubed squash, 3 cups of water and cover.
3. Allow the squash to cook, a knife should pierce the cubes.
4. Liquify with a hand blender, or spoon the mixture into a food processor.
5. How smooth you want the soup is a person preference.
6. Add the milk or creme to taste, it adds a richness to the soup.
7. Variations: you can add some cumin or coriander to this, and a bit of bacon when sauteing the onions.