Super easy cornbread recipe that’s kinda cheating, hence the name, Jiffy Mix Cornbread Recipe Hack. Lets take a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and throw in a can of creamed corn to create a not-original recipe for pretty a darn good Creamed Corn Corn Bread Recipe. I’ve heard about different Jiffy Corn Mix hacks, and I wanted to try out one I had heard of from many people. The Creamed Corn Recipe Hack.
Full Recipe at the end of this post. Here are some of our other cornbread recipe videos:
I have a few corn bread recipes, but this one works for me and many people have commented that it works for them as well. There’s something in that comfort food vein that is evoked with Jiffy Corn Bread Mix. Hope they never change the box, who knows what the uproar would be? The idea for this recipe hack comes from my friend Charlie Shaw, and it sat in the back of my head for several years until I had the lightbulb moment to put a can of creamed corn into a box of Jiffy Cornbread mix. And you see what happened here. Cornbread Splendor.
Do you use Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix in your cornbread recipe? What do you add to mix it up? Let us know in the comments below:
- 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 14oz can of creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put a #8 – or 12″ cast iron pan in the oven at 375F for about 15 minutes
- Mix together the 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix with the eggs, milk, creamed corn.
- Pull the cast iron pan out of the oven, drop in the butter and swirl it around, make sure it gets up on the walls of the cast iron pan.
- Pour the batter into the cast iron pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness, the edges of the crust should be starting to brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, run a spatula up under the pan to loosen the corn bread. Flip onto a plate
Thanks for watching, eric.