Archive Show! Eric wings it solo, as Mike is busy with the real world of work. We talk about salt water fishing inspired by an article by Keith Wagstaff of EdibleBrooklyn on East River Fishing & Ben Sargent of brooklynchowdersurfer.com . A lengthy honeybee & beekeeping update, Daniel Delaney's new venture, EatersDigestNYC.com a weekly email about food events in New York City, Tracy skypes in to talk about single serving brownies, Julie and Tim Kirby call in to talk about bees, home made liquor, and harvesting berries. Julie's website is http://www.fiddlesticks.uk.net
Single Serve Brownie
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cocoa
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons beaten egg (give the leftover beaten egg to your dog)
¼ teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons flour
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons chopped nuts
· Melt the butter in the microwave.
· Add the cocoa, mix until blended.
· Add the sugar and mix well. 4 Stir in the egg substitute and the vanilla.
· Add the flour and salt and stir until just blended.
· Add nuts if desired.
· Pour batter into a greased ramekin ( I use a 5 inch round, 1 inch deep terra cotta bowl – makes a thin but tasty brownie!). Bake at 350 for 10 – 15 minutes. Top will be shiny and the sides of the brownie will start to pull away from the edge of the pan when it is done.
Leave a Reply