Dog toys are expensive, here is a video & plan for a simple homemade dog rope toy. Our Labs love this toy, and after they destroy it, we can easily make another one. Moose and Charlie Pup are the tug of war toy dogs in our house, the others are tennis ball fixated. I came up with the idea of this homemade rope toy at the hardware store while looking at the different rope they have for sale. I bought a 100 feet hank of ⅜" nylon rope and started experimenting with different dog toy designs. The dog toy we show you how to make in this video is the most popular and its simple to make.
Briefly, to make this rope toy:
1. cut 3 or 4 lengths of rope about 4 feet long.
2. bunch together one end of each rope in your hand, so the all the ropes hang down from your hand holding the rope ends.
3. while holding all 4 ropes together, tie an overhand knot at one end of the ropes.
4. continue tying overhand knots along the length of the ropes, making sure the space between knots is not large enough for the dogs to get their head stuck.
5. play tug of war with your dogs.
Do you make your dogs rope toys, or other homemade toys? let us know below, we'd like to see what GF viewers are doing.